Sarah has a Master’s of Science in Planning, is a member of the Canadian Institute of Planners, and has been planning and organizing events and projects for over 10 years. Her main focus is in community development planning and collaborative resource governance. She has also worked with organizations to do grant writing, event planning, and volunteer coordination. Sarah works in a variety of areas and is available to work on other projects on a contract basis.
Highlights from Sarah’s planning experiences:
- Facilitates round-table working for collaborative air-shed management
- Leads Active Transportation Plan Implementation in Port Alberni
- Coordinated community engagement for food action planning
- Undertook shelter coordination for the City of Vancouver Homeless Count
- Co-led a process to develop a Local Climate Change Action Plan for a municipality in the Philippines
- Volunteer Coordination for over 130 volunteers
- Has served on not-for-profit boards across Canada for more than 10 years
- Wrote grants that raised over $100,000
- 2 years social science and 2 years pure-science research experience
- Coordinated organization for the Port Alberni Canada Day Parade and Folkfest activities seeing 1000+ participants.
- Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS) Course Measurer